Last Updated: August 1, 2018
Welcome to FutureEngine! Here's how FutureEngine collects, uses and handles your information when you use our products or services.
When you use FutureEngine, it collects the following information that you provide.
- Account Info. This includes your name, profile photo, email address, mobile number and password. FutureEngine uses this information to log you in and out and to help your friends and contacts find and contact you. FutureEngine also uses your email address to contact you in cases such as password resets and uses your mobile number to verify that you're not a fake account or bot.
- Content. Images, videos, text and links that you share via FutureEngine are collected so they can be distributed to others on FutureEngine.
- Reports. When you report a piece of content, FutureEngine uses your selection and reason as a signal into whether the content is appropriate or not and may delete the content if it is inappropriate.
- Contacts. When you choose to provide FutureEngine with your contacts, it uses the email addresses and phone numbers you provide to find friends on FutureEngine so that you and your friends can contact each other. FutureEngine doesn't use or store names, notes or any other info about your contacts.
- Information You Volunteer When You Contact Us. If you communicate with FutureEngine directly via support, feedback or other channels, we collect any information you volunteer so that we can properly respond to you.
When you use FutureEngine, we also collect the following information automatically to help us improve the experience for you.
- Views and Actions. We collect information about the content on FutureEngine you view and the actions you take including the number of views and actions, the types of content viewed and the dates and times of views and actions. We use this information to understand how people use FutureEngine and to make improvements to FutureEngine accordingly.
- Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use FutureEngine on including types of hardware, operating systems, device identifiers, browsers, IP addresses, device or browser languages, mobile carriers and sources of referral. We use this information to optimize our experience for people who use FutureEngine on different devices, operating systems, browsers; in different geographies, languages; with different carriers; or from different referral sources.
- Aggregated Information. We may also aggregate your information with the information of others who use FutureEngine. When we do so, we remove information that identifies you and we use the aggregate information to improve the FutureEngine experience based on the usage patterns of our community as a whole. We may also use aggregated information to monitor and analyze FutureEngine usage and develop new features.
When other people use FutureEngine, they may provide your contact information when they upload their contacts as described above so that FutureEngine can help them find friends using FutureEngine. As noted above, we only use and store email addresses and phone numbers when people provide us their contacts.
Sharing with the Community
Your messages will be shown to selected recipients on FutureEngine. These recipients may forward or share your messages to others on and off of FutureEngine.
Sharing with Third Parties
We may share information with third parties as outlined below. We will never sell information to advertisers or third parties.
- For Legal Purposes. We may disclose your information to third parties if required by law; to protect the safety of any person from serious injury or death; to investigate or fix potential violations of our user agreements or policies; and to protect our property rights.
Storage, Processing and Transfer
We store, process and transfer the information we collect around the world as well as on the devices you use to access FutureEngine. We do this to provide the best experience wherever you go.
FutureEngine is for people who are 13 years old or over. It may not be used by people under the age of 13 and we don't knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
If FutureEngine is reorganized, merged or acquired, in whole or in part, your information may be transferred to another organization. FutureEngine will notify you in such an event along with your options for next steps.